Friday, June 5, 2009

French Dip

I get recipes from all over the place and make my own modifications. This is a version of a recipe I initially found on allrecipes. We will be making this sometime this weekend. I have made it 3 times and it is so good. I promise you cannot taste the beer at all and darker beers are better. If you really do not want to try it with beer you can use beef stock but the flavor won't be as rich.


4 pounds rump roast
1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
6 French rolls
1 cup sliced mushrooms

DIRECTIONS
Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours. An hour before you are planning on eating, add the mushrooms.
Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls. Serve the sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment